Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Life.

you can visit my musings blog to read about my stress from Thursday afternoon.

get ready for a stream of consciousness about Hannah.

Hannah...she's a cutie. I love her to death.

She's had the runs...from her nose and her bottom. Not fun. I feel for her.

I'm bad. I haven't taken her in for her 18month checkup. I was so good for all of the other ones. I've procrastinated. I've been busy and haven't scheduled. Plus that particular Dr's office ALWAYS takes up a whole half day b/c you're waiting wating waiting. So it was nice when the NP from the pediatrician's called to notify me that flu shots were in. So I scheduled her 18 month appt. early 1st thing in the morning next Tues.

She's a very musical child. She dances, she wiggles, she sings, she has rhythm, she does signs. Today we learned shapes...and did lots of puzzles.

She loves playing with other kids. Neighborhood kids. The past 2 evenings daddy's let her run around the street and culdesac with no shoes. Just her cute little barefeet...running...her little uneven pattering of feet on the pavement. cute. cute. cute. cute bottom wiggling. cute arms waving back and forth.

She helped herself to the motorized toy cars today at Stephanie & Mike's. She went up, pulled them down and climbed on. She loves cars. She likes to drive. I have video from a few weeks ago of Hannah driving for the 1st time. All the kids wanted to help Hannah drive.

Yesterday she almost fell down into the drain/gutter/hole thing. She liked the cover b/c it was round and she was spinning and spinning on it. It was fun for her, then she lost her balance. She went head 1st and her skull was about to crack on the pavement and I grabbed her leg and lifted her up and saved her from an impact - scraping my knee in the process. It was not good for my heart - it skipped... so glad she didn't hit her head.

She already hit her head at last weekend's wedding. The worst fall ever. Splat in the middle of the reception. It was late...she was off balance standing on a chair...and the whole thing went toppling, and you could hear her head hitting the stone/brick ground. ouch. HUGE swelling. The whole wedding reception stopped and she was the center of attention. I picked her up and she vomited all over me and the table. yes. vomited.

The bride was a Doctor, her maid of honor a PA. so of course, they rushed over...and we took Hannah into the hotel room. We were all worried she had a concussion. It was pretty bad. I was worried about her. I felt bad about the wedding... I still needed to photograph the cake cutting.
So while I was upstairs in the hotel room, Isaac photographed the cake cutting. Thank goodness! but yikes...

that's the FIRST and LAST time that we take Hannah along! Even if the bride is super duper nice and says we can bring her.

The drive home wasn't the most fun. We were both really tired. So we took a lot of breaks and didn't get home until 3am. Yeah...South Padre Island is sorta far away.

1 comment:

Kensie said...

Hey Grace- just wanted to mention, I can't remember if Hannah is allergic to eggs, but FYI both the MMR (which I am guessing she has already had) and the flu shot contain egg. The flu shot has enough that most allergists say its not worth the risk, the MMR doesn't contain as much. Just letting you know just in case! Hope all is well.