I can't remember if I've already posted about what she did to my glasses (I meant to)...but here's a quick post:
Hannah has been causing chaos in our house recently. She's now reaching that toddler stage - almost 1-1/2 yrs old - asserting her independence and ever so curious, curious, curious.
Before scribbling on walls, she 1st tried scribbling on herself. The first of the month, I decided to give in and let her have a real pen (instead of the "fake pen" where I take out the middle - the ink - and give her an empty plastic shell). I gave her some paper also, and she did really well drawing ON the paper. So I went about my business. I looked back at her only a few minutes later, and she'd turned the pen onto herself.



Oh she absolutely LOVED it! She thought it was just the greatest thing to be able to draw all over her legs. She didn't want to stop!
She also absolutely loves climbing around on this stepstool. A few months ago, she was content to just sit there or climb-up-and-down. She has now discovered its mobility and portability. She pushes it around the kitchen and can gain access to whatever she wants - from pressing the buttons on the water cooler, reaching things on the counters & table, getting into drawers, to all sorts of other stuff she couldn't see or get to before.
Oh...and we MUST NOT forget what Hannah did to my glasses. They're not supposed to look like this:


One fateful morning last week, I went to her room, and she was standing up on the bed, screaming, desperately gripping my glasses - which had become a twisted, bent, and convoluted piece of plastic & metal. I had to pry the frail pieces of wire from her strong, upset hands.
It was inevitable that my glasses would meet this fate. She had been grabbing at them for many weeks before. She'd grab them off of my face. She'd head butt me and knock the glasses off. She'd try to put them on. She'd grab them if I ever left them lying around at all, anywhere.
Ever so curious, and ever so persistent. She finally got her chance to explore everything about those glasses. They had fallen off of my face one night when I fell asleep in her bed putting her down. The glasses were unknowingly left behind in Hannah's bed when daddy came to rescue a sleeping mommy in the middle of the night. And those photos represent what I found in her little hands the next morning. One little toddler hand gripped on each end - pulling.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Chaos.
Posted by
grace
at
5:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow--that is just crazy! It seems like every kid goes through this stage of the scribbling, chaotic craziness in the house. So...how long did it take to get the pen off? :0
i missed this post. great pictures! I love the pen drawings.
Taisei did the same thing to THREE pairs of our glasses. I finally realized (about 6 mo later) that he was trying to open them from a closed position. He hasn't done it since we taught him how to open them correctly (but it might still be too early to teach H that). :) Kids are cute.
Post a Comment