AHHH I just wrote a whole post then IE decided to freeze up on me & crash!!! So now I have to start all over b/c it didn't auto save. ARGH! I usually use Firefox, but I had IE up from earlier today. ick!
What a day! We did lot...
Our house is finally starting to come together, though we still have a lot more to do - it seems to never end. A few months ago, we finally had the garage all cleaned out so we could park a car inside, and now it's all full of stuff and works-in-progress so we can't park inside again.
You'd think a new home would come with less work, but there's still a ton of work to do on it!
Ize mowed the lawn this morning with our newly acquired gas mower (I got it last weekend or the one before for $50 at a garage sale - we had been using an electric one we bought off of Craigslist for $30). Ize says we have to sell the gas one b/c he prefers electric....sigh...cost of gas. Oh but I do love the garage sales around here.
We finished our "dressing" our common area windows with curtains finally! This past week & the week before, we've been finishing up our uber-long floor-to-ceiling "custom curtains" in the living room (or Isaac's been diligently working on them & I've been working on photos). It's a project that started a many moons ago it seems. But they look great! Ize did a GREAT job! And we both decided that since the 1st curtain project took so long, we'd buy the kitchen ones. So last Friday, we got these grommet-top "Milano" panels from BB&B in blue. We both saw them and really liked them. We even went for the blue with dark brown strips and were going for some color. We got home, hung them up, and stepped back to take them all in. But something was just not quite right. We sat on it for a week, and today we exchanged them for the dark chocolate ones. The blue didn't go with the long curtains and were too trendy of a color combo. We hung them up immediately. We LOVE the way the curtains look now! We'll have to take photos and post them.
We've also been working on another "extended project" of mine - a dresser ($10 from a garage sale a few months ago) that I wanted to put in foyer as an entryway table. We had bought some black spray paint from WalMart and painted it awhile back, but it didn't look very classy. Isaac sanded the dresser down this past week, and Thursday we bought a gallon of super gloss enamel latex dark brown paint from Lowe's. Today we put on the 1st coat and it looks really nice! I think it's funny b/c the gallon of paint was like $25 even with a $5 mail-in rebate...and the spray paint was like $7 b/c it was $1/can and we used 7 cans to cover the old dresser color (which had been painted various colors). Anyways...the paint cost way more than the original dresser! lol!
Hannah was up and about, and into everything. She put her hands in the paint this morning, so we had to remove her from the scene.
We also replaced the tires on the Honda today. It got a flat this past week, and Ize took the opportunity to just replace them all since the treads were worn anyways. Yay for Discount Tire.
So many chain retail stores in this post, you'd think I was doing an ad/commercial or something...
Hannah sorta dozed off in the car, but we decided to keep her up and just put her to bed early. Well, she played and stayed up okay, and even went down early (around 5/6pm) BUT then around 8pm she woke up screaming and screaming. and didn't really calm down. Our ears have been permanently damaged by her screaming! It is truly ear-piercing. I have actual hearing loss!
Anyways...I tried to nurse her back down and calm her, but to no avail, so we got her up and took her to Best Buy since I wanted to go. I didn't know that Ize had a coupon in his inbox, and I've been pondering over this one particular lens for a long time. And on Amazon the prices went up, but with the 12% off at BestBuy, even with tax, it came out cheaper than the old lower Amazon price. It was between the Tamron or the Canon 17mm-40mm f/4L. Not the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8IS b/c of price & reviews. Anyways... we got the Tamron lens since it has the 2.8 fixed aperture for a lot less...and definitely beats the price tag on the Canon 16-35mm 2.8L, which I'll eventually get, but not right now. I know that the Tamron is for cropped sensors, and L-series lenses are a much better investment (which I'll slowly acquire), but the cheaper lens works for my camera now. And YAY! I'm excited about my new lens.
Okay..that had nothing to do with Hannah, except that when we were at Best Buy she threw a HUGE fit - screaming, crying, the works. Never before had she thrown such a fit in public. She finally was only okay when we took her over to the Apple display and let her play with the iMACs (which is something else I really really want - yummy 24" screen). We (I, mommy) really appreciate daddy letting us go...or letting mommy go...and letting us drag Hannah along. Thanks daddy!
Okay...nuff stuff about me...not nuff stuff bout Hannah... this post really should go in my musings but it's here...
Finally, I was able to put her back down tonight. (actually i let her CIO a bit). She was super wiggly - all over the bed, all over me. AND she really doesn't need to nurse anymore, she just likes to. The past 2 nights, daddy's been putting her down w/o nursing and she's been fine. My supply has been dwindling... She's also been a finicky and picky eater. I don't feel like she's eating that much at all, though she still downs those Cheerios.
Okay... I still have my lesson to prep for tomorrow. It totally slipped my mind I'm in charge of sharing time for Primary this month...and it IS July now. Wow, where'd the time go?!?
Saturday, July 5, 2008
House stuff. Hannah & Hollering
Posted by
grace
at
10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment