We went to JCP Portraits today for Hannah's 6-month photos. We decided to go for a green theme with white background. We were tired of floating heads amongst a black background (mainly b/c I liked it so much before, but now we have too many of those.) The photographer was not bad. I think we got some good shots of Hannah and of the family. Hannah was really responsive and had super cute expressions.
Although the shots were better than some of Hannah's previous month photo-shoots overall, DH & I weren't estatic about the check-out experience we had at this JCP's, and they seemed anal about when we could pick-up portraits. I am disappointed that this is practically the only choice of portrait venues we have. There is no Target Photo Studio (not within 100 miles), nor does the Wal-Mart in town have a portrait studio! I haven't checked all of the Wal-Marts around, but I've never like Wal-Mart portraits much. The closest Picture People is in Houston. Sears portraits...well, we've never gone to them. I haven't looked into private portrait studios b/c I just want a simple get in-get out reliable chain. The funny thing is that I think theoretically we've moved to a location that's supposed to be more "metropolitan" and definitely "more touristy" than the last place we lived. I rather liked the new Super Target in the last place we lived. It was nice, close, and quick to get portraits.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Lack of portrait venues
Posted by
grace
at
11:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment