Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

HAPPY 1.5 YEARS to Hannah!


Photo taken by daddy on Saturday evening at M&M's. Check out the BIG shoe.

Wow how time flies! Today marked her 18 months of life. And boy she's wiggly! This evening she was all over the house, all over the kitchen, into everything! Making dinner was difficult (for me - it's the 1st time I've made dinner in a long time since Hannah's been more into stuff. Ize's been making dinner.) Work called with some problems so Ize was working from home, and we also had a overnight guest: Eric is back in the states from Bahrain (just got in on the plane today).

Tonight when I was bathing her & brushing her teeth I noticed 3 more teeth coming in. Since brushing her teeth is more of a battle now...I don't always get a good view of her mouth. (plus daddy's been bathing her the past couple of nights)

She LOVED being in nursery today! And as for mom & dad - well we were both teaching different classes today - so it was actually a relief to have her in nursery. I did peek in briefly after I was done with my "one-woman show" for combined jr/sr primary sharing/singing time today (I was the only one from the presidency there - rest of presidency gone, chorister gone and lots of teachers were gone).

When I poked my head in, Hannah was extremely happy & smiling. She let out a squeal of delight when she saw me, but continued playing with the other kiddos and happily eating her string cheese. It was really cute.

So I didn't take ANY photos today - sadly. b/c we've been really busy this weekend (what's new) AND super duper sleep deprived too. Our neighbors Mario & Madeleine got married on Friday, so I photographed their wedding at the Courthouse. We watched the Olympic Opening Ceremonies at their place in the evening too. They also had a family shoot on Saturday and we ended up eating dinner & hanging out. Isaac practiced riding on the Ripstick and got the hang of it. Hannah really enjoyed hanging out with all the kids, the aunties, and the 2 dogs (Kilo & Zipper).

We're off to Houston again - for a week - this time for daddy's work. It felt like we were just there...I feel like I've been travelling a bunch and it's sorta tiring. Hannah's bag from the Austin trip wasn't even totally unpacked yet - I left a bunch of stuff in there that she didn't need.

Travelling with Hannah takes lots of preparation! We need to make sure we have foods she can eat, lots of changes of clothes (in case she has runny accidents), her epi-pen, diapers, bath items, toys, books, anything else to occupy her.

It's also a thing of mine that I like to have the house clean before I leave on a "more extended" trip. It's more sanitary - so that all surfaces, kitchen, bath are disinfected so stuff doesn't grow while we're gone. In my head I think creepy crawlies come out when we're not there...and microscopic things grow when you're not looking. Plus it's always nice to come home to a clean house - who likes coming home from a long trip to a messy house? It's not always possible to get things perfect the way I like it before each trip, but I try.

Photo update - these are from 2 Saturdays ago on Aug 2nd.

Here I think her left eye was still recovering from a mosquito bite that made her totally swell up.


In her forward facing carseat. I really took a long time in transitioning her to her new carseat and the forward facing position, but she LOVES her carseat now. She always looks forward to sitting in it. And I keep the small water bottle in the car for her to drink from. In these recent road trips, I've transferred small amounts of water into the water bottle so she can drink.


We went to Lowe's to buy Hannah a doorknob with a lock & key. She really enjoyed the doorknob section.






I like these b/c I was holding her hand while taking the photo and the view's pretty cool.

2 comments:

the author said...

I like the one with the cap on backwards. Did Hannah become fascinated with doorknobs b4 or after the Lowe's visit?

grace said...

she's been fascinated with doorknobs since the Austin trip (at Julia's house with the doorhandles there). The main reason we went to Lowe's was to get her a doorknob. Her daddy put a new key & lock doorknob on the front room w the window so Hannah could lock/unlock it.