As all kids don't grow without a little bit of dirt, I took Hannah outside to enjoy a few moments of fresh air. I really just needed to cut a few leaves off our basil plant for dinner, but I got carried away. As I looked up from my aggressive weeding program, I notice our dear sweet Hannah playing gleefully in the dirt. She happily sat on a potato mound. She dusted off the top of the mound with her sweeping arm moment that she is quite famous for at dinnertime. She put her hand to her mouth several times, which I know will just make DW cringe. She enjoyed the dirt and being outside. Continuing but never boring with the mounds of dirt on the potato row in the garden, she quite curiously made her way for the tomato plants. She is classically drawn to the tomato plants. I don't know what it is about the tomato that attracts her so. Is it the sparkling green leaves sharply contrasted with dazzling red fruit? Probably! But anyway, as is her custom she pulled tomatoes off the plant. Three to be exact. She was happy as a lark with those tomatoes in her hand, and nothing is better than seeing your child happy. As I sit writing this note, I realize that kids grow well in dirt.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Probably if it was later in the season, she might have eaten them. It reminds me of when Taisei was about about 20 months, he ate tomato after tomato right off of our parent's vine!
oh..she does pop them into her mouth...whether red, green, ripe, unripe...though she has spit out the green before.
a few months ago, she'd pick the green ones, and carry them around with her, in her carseat, around the house, and just hold onto the green tomato all day. i'd find them in random places around the house/apt (at the time).
Post a Comment