Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

Ever learning

Because I don't get to spend as much time at home, I am always a little behind what DW is teaching Hannah. But I thought it would be good to write some more of the cute signs that Hannah does to communicate. Tonight as we were preparing for bed and saying our prayers. Hannah interlocked her little hands in the sign for prayer...so cute. Then we said sleep, and she put her hand on the side of her face in the attempt to do the sleep sign. :)

She has become very proficient at using her signs (and making up some of her own.) Her most used sign besides pointing and grunting is "eat." She made up a sign similar to eat for "drink" and she tilts her head back. She knows "bath" and starts running to the bathroom (until she gets distracted by something else.)

"Done" instead of the very control sign similar to "safe" in baseball when Hannah-ized is flailing her arms around until we notice.

Of course there are signs that we have taught her but she refuses to use. The signs for going to the bathroom she knows very well, but won't tell us when she has to go...stinker.

She knows lots of words for things we haven't taught her signs for, words like shoes, pants, and outside.

Wow she is learning quickly, I wonder to myself why I don't learn as quickly. I had a friend tell me that children have a blank memory drive, so it is easy to find room on their "hard disk" but as you get older, you fill up your "hard disk" and can upload new things anymore. :) Whatever it is it still love Hannah.

No comments: