So have you ever gotten peas and turkey in your eye? Well, tonight, I did. While being fed, Hannah blew a mouth full of peas and turkey in my face. A big glob flew at high velocity straight into my left eye. It got on my contact and under my contact. Now that hurts. Try it sometime. Baby food is just the perfect consistency that if you blink, it gets everywhere in your eye. Since I was in pain from the gritty protein, and I couldn't see, it made it difficult to try to get to a location where I could take out my contact and rinse my eyeball. Funny daughter. She got her point across. She didn't want to eat anymore.
And I've just spent the past hour and a half trying to put her down to bed. We did the normal nighttime routine. I finally had her down, but I decided to turn up the ceiling fan b/c she had a head full of sweat. She woke up from the clicks of the fan. She sat up, and then insisted on playing. Crawling all over the bed. Crawling out of bed. Playing with her shadow on the wall (from the nightlight). Crawling on mommy. Crawling on daddy on the floor. We left her up there, and she fussed and then escalated to ear piercing screeches. So up I go again, and finally nursed her to sleep after another 30 minutes. What are we to do? I don't want to nurse her to sleep...it's a horrible crutch. And I feel like somehow with all this travelling and being off-schedule with sleeping, naps, eating etc. ... these past 6 weeks have been such a crucial window in her development, and it was such a bad time to be travelling and switching up her routine to "no routine" - I fear that there will be long-term bad results from this, and we the parents will suffer the most from these consequences. sigh
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Peas in the Eye
Posted by
grace
at
9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess it depends who you ask about the nursing to sleep thing. Our "expert" said it was no big deal, so we did it until more recently. Around 16 months, it really only took a day or two for him to understand that we're no longer going to nurse before bedtime. We probably should have stopped earlier, when his teeth came in, but we didn't realize it was bad for the teeth until later. I wouldn't worry too much about it this early on.
Post a Comment